What is Charmeuse Silk?
Charmeuse is a term used to describe a weaving method to create a particular silk fabric. Charmeuse silk is woven with a satin weave—meaning three or more threads pass over one thread in a weave, resulting in a luxuriously smooth finish with a beautiful sheen.
This uniquely lustrous finish makes this type of silk well-suited for sleepwear, robes, accessories, and bedding.
Each Adore creation is delicately handmade using 100% Charmeuse Silk, giving you high-grade and luxurious quality with every purchase.
Charmeuse Silk Benefits
- Ultimate Comfort. The breathable fabric is an excellent insulator: It regulates temperature, making it perfect for any weather.
- Hypoallergenic. Silk has hypoallergenic properties that make it naturally protected from dust mites, molds, and fungus.
- Moisturizing. A known moisture booster, silk contributes to skin and hair’s overall health.
- Anti-Aging. The smooth finish prevents friction on the skin, helping minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hair-enhancing. Silk prevents frizz, tangles, and hair damage while promoting softness and shine.
- Luxurious Feel. The lightweight fabric feels impossibly soft and smooth, giving you the dreamiest feel and finish.
Here’s How To Take Care of Your Adore Pieces
Since silk is a delicate fabric, extra care is needed to maintain its quality and to extend the life of your Adore pieces.
- Hand wash only. Wash in cool water with a gentle soap or detergent. If stained, soak in lukewarm water with soap for five minutes. Gently rub the stain/s and rinse.
- Avoid too hot or cold water. Extreme temperatures can stretch or shrink the fabric.
- Dry naturally. Lightly wring out excess water before hanging to dry. You can also roll up the fabric inside a towel to speed up drying. Allow to air- dry.
- Iron with low heat. Use the lowest possible setting or the silk setting, if available.
- Store properly. To avoid scratches or runs, store away from other items with sharp or metal details. We recommend placing your pillowcases and masks in a protective bag when in storage.